Skip to main content

Make-Up Storage ENVY!


Today I am going to talk about at topic I love and hate. I really love seeing how people organise their make-up, but I hate I can’t do what I want with mine!

Last year I bought the ‘dresser of my dreams’ as it was at the time and now I kind of regret it. I bought it because I wanted more storage space, but I mostly wanted to store make-up in it. It cost me about £80 from Argos and it is a really nice dresser, but now I wish I had something smaller because I downsized my make-up collection! Don’t get me wrong, all four drawers have other stuff in them as well as make-up but it just doesn’t satisfy me.

My problem is not really with the dresser although I would love one of the storage units I am going to mention, it is actually the fact that I can’t find baskets to fit nicely in the drawers I am using for make-up. At the moment the boxes are too big or too small, funny shaped, miss matched and not what I want. I would be perfectly happy with the dresser until I get my own place in the future if I had some baskets like the ones from Target below!
Photo courtesy of Luuux.com
These are in my mind perfect for storing make-up if you have dresser draws like me, because they would fit in the drawers neatly and they all look the same so they won’t look so messy. We don’t have Target here in the UK and more frustratingly I can’t find anything like it in the shops in the UK or on eBay! If I found storage baskets/trays like these I think I would be happy until I eventually get my own place because I would specifically design somewhere for the beauty stuff to go, whereas at the moment I have to make do with what I’ve got already because it is more cost effective than wasting money and getting something else I might not need when I move out!

Other than the ‘perfect trays’ I can’t find, I keep seeing pictures of Beauty Bloggers collections and they all have the Ikea units and they look lovely and the pictures really make me want to buy the units. The one I like most is the Helmer and you can also get inserts for the Helmer which are called Antonius and they are perfectly sized to fit inside the unit. I also like the look of the Alex unit but I am kind of a freak and would prefer all the drawers to be the same size, plus something about the Helmer seems daintier and smaller even though they are similar in height.
Trio of photo's courtesy of Ikea.com
Because I am going to make do with what I’ve got and hope to find the ‘perfect trays’ soon, I’ve had to think about how to store different things and I really like the idea of lipstick organisers. I purchased a lipstick organiser/holder off eBay for £4.99, which arrived this morning and it fits twelve lipsticks or small lipglosses and I really like it. It is very sturdy and made of acrylic.
Photo courtesy of MUJI.eu
Other than the units and tray organisers I have mentioned above there is another idea I am more leaning towards for when I have my own place. For my ideal room I would love a built in wardrobe which would fit clothes, shoes and bags, but it could also have extra shelving to fit my beauty products, which could be housed in acrylic boxes like the MUJI 5 Drawer Box and more lipstick holders. And because they would be in the wardrobe they would be hidden and my room would still look tidy and it means everything would be organised and when you open the wardrobe door, you would catch a make-up pretty glimpse!

I hope this post wasn’t too long; sometimes I can ramble a lot! Please let me know in the comments section how you store your make-up and also leave me suggestions on how I can store mine.

Until the next post! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat